Step 1: Write a brief description of why you want a website and book an appointment with me.
- It could be a short blurb, typically a paragraph.
- This gives me some background to assess what type of website you might want and helps me get primed on what content would suit your website.
- Include a one sentence to tell me if you have experience managing your own website.
- Send this blurb to me for me to review and book a Skype / Google Meet / phone appointment through the contact form or by email to [email protected]
Keep in mind that the needs of your website is unique to you. Try to write about your own needs and think about your own target audience.
Step 2: Skype / Google Meet / Phone call
- I’ll reply within 48 hrs (often sooner). However, if I’m working on another website, I will reply to you and let you know the wait time.
- I’ll review your needs based on what you have written in Step 1 and have a chat with you before I can make recommendations.
- I’ll make recommendations and provide options for you.
- I’ll review some costs and benefits associated with recommendations with you.
Step 3: Evaluate your options and pay a deposit.
- Think about the options and pick one that’s best for you.
- You will need to pay a deposit of 50% of total price for me to start working.
- If I’m busy with another website, a $100 deposit is required to hold your spot in wait list. The deposit is refundable until I begin working on your website.
Step 4: I will start working on the website (and set up other services such as emails)
- As I work on the website, I may from time to time show you progress or ask for feedback. The frequency depends on how complex the website is. I will always show you work progress of user-interactive features.
- Once I’m done the first draft, I will show you the first iteration of the complete website.
Step 5: Review website & iterate
- View your website and provide feedback for changes and enhancements.
- I will work on the next iteration of website.
- Repeat review process until you’re satisfied (on average, it takes 2 iterations).
Step 6: Review website and make payment.
- Review your website one last time, test out your emails, review your analytics dashboard etc.
- Once satisfied, pay the remaining balance.
- All payments are processed through Paypal
Be sure to try out your new website from a desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone to ensure layout consistency across devices. It’s also a good idea to test the website using different browsers.
Step 7: Web hosting
- Your website will need to be hosted on a server somewhere.
- Popular economical hosting providers include 1 and 1, DreamHost, or GoDaddy.
- There is also the better option of hosting your website on the cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Based on your complete website and target user base, I will know how much server capacity it needs. I can then help recommend the best hosting provider.
When picking hosting plans, do not use shared hosting.
Step 8: That’s it!
- Congrats on your new website!
Be sure to use social media channels to share your new website!